PPI Ignite Network Ireland
PPI Ignite Network Ireland The PPI Ignite network partners have produced a repository of information, resources, training and learning opportunities aimed at embedding the public and patient voice at the centre of research.
The PPI Ignite network is funded by the Health Research Board and Irish Research Council and aims to promote excellence and innovation in PPI. It is a partnership between 7 lead universities and national partners including IPPOSI, Research Charities, and HSE. It is a useful source of information for researchers and public and patient contributors to research.
Patient involvement website links
- The Irish Platform for Patient Organisations (IPPOSI), Science, and Industry. It has a repository of resources relating to PPI in research.
- Visit the resource database and searchable case studies.
European Patients Academy on Therapeutic Innovation (EUPATI). It provides training for patients and patient representatives on the process of medicines research and development.
These videos are designed to be of benefit to people who are interested in understanding and developing Patient and Public Involvement in health and social research.
- Centre for Engagement and Dissemination – Recognition payments for public contributors:
This policy sets out how the Centre for Engagement and Dissemination supports members of the public to be involved in our work through reimbursing expenses and, in certain circumstances, offering involvement payments.
- PPI Ignite Network at DCU Advice: Budgeting for PPI
- Research Involvement and Engagement Journal
- Minogue V, Wells B. 2019. The role of the patient and the public in reducing research waste. BMJ Opinion. August 2019. https://blogs.bmj.com/bmj/2019/08/09/virginia-minogue-and-bill-wells-patients-and-the-public-are-essential-to-reducing-research-waste/
- Minogue V, Cooke M, Donskoy AL, Vicary P, Wells B. ‘Patient and public involvement in reducing health and care research waste.’ Research Involvement and Engagement 2018 4:5
- Minogue V, Donskoy AL, Cooke M. 2019. The legal, governance and ethical implications of involving service users and carers in research. International Journal of Health Care Quality Assurance Volume 32, Issue 5.